All images and content are property of St Luke's Church Oxford and may not be reproduced without permission ©
Any problems, or suggestions? contact us
St Luke's is an Anglican Church founded in 1933 as a mission hall for the area of Cold Harbour. Canon Stather-Hunt, the then vicar of St Matthew's Church on Marlborough Road, led the vision and had a real interest in the community in this area. St Matthew's & St Luke's have remained linked to the current day and support each other's work.
Over the years St Luke's has played an integral role in the community. In the 1940s the church hosted a baby weighing clinic and was a popular place for young mums to meet. Several generations of children and teenagers have passed through the clubs run by the church. St Luke's works closely with other agencies such as Grandpont Children's Centre, Lake Street Community Centre and the Salvation Army in our local area, to provide the best service we can for local people.
We now have completed our Big Project to update and extend the church building, and are delighted with the new facilities we have to offer the community. As a result many new organisations and local groups are finding a home with us.